Collaborations & Events
Resident Firefly Farms (Sundress Publications), February 2018
Resident, Vermont Studio Center, January 2014.
Finalist, Split This Rock Poetry Contest, 2012. Judge: Mark Doty.
Illinois Arts Council: grant for artist residency and journal submission fees, 2012.
City of Chicago Community Arts Assistance Program: for development of promotional materials and conference attendance, 2011.
Residencies, Retreats & Awards
Created to provide an alternate venue for innovative art, Requited Journal for Innovative Art published and exhibited work that is subversive, thought-provoking and socially conscious. H. V. Cramond was the founding poetry editor from 2009 until the journal closed in 2019.
Click on the image to reach the site. We’re currently in the process of having the site archived on a university library website.
Other Editorial Affiliations
Readings & Events
- February 2019. Menacing Hedge Offsite AWP Reading. Portland OR.
- Feburary 2018. Shhh…The Propaganda Reading. Arts & Literature Laboratory, Madison WI.
- April 12, 2014:A reading for Matter Monthly at Matilda’s.
- July 6, 2013: Dark of the Male, Light of the Female: Women Writing About Horrible Things at Uncharted Books in Chicago
- April 2, 2013: Wit Rabbit Reading Series at Quenchers with Timothy Donelly, Rebecca Morgan Frank, Anthony Madrid and Geoffrey O’Brien.
- March 16, 2013: A collaboration with Heather Momyer and Robin Morissey for Red Rover Reading Series Experiment #63: “Performication” at Outer Space Gallery in Chicago. Also performing: Steven Teref and Tim Jones Yelvington. Some press from Gapers Block.
- December 13, 2012: Ipsento Reading Series with A. D. Jameson.
- August 18, 2012: Group Reading with students of the Chicago School of Poetics at Myopic Books.
- October 5, 2011: “O, Bleek Strategies.” Newberry Library. A Chicago Calling event. Listen to the audio for “Oak Transmission” my collaboration with Seth Berg.
- September 29, 2011: Brown Rice Cooker Createfest sponsored by Chicago Modern Orchestra Project at Brown Rice Listening Space.
- September 20, 2011: Fundraiser for The Borderbend Collective at Revolution Brewery.
- July 14, 2011: Ipsento Reading Series with Ian McCarty and Chris Corlew.
- April 29, 2011: Living Room Reading with Seth Berg.
- October, 2010: “Two Way Tarot Mirrors.” Group Collaborative Reading with Della Watson & Sparkleface. Myopic Books, Chicago. A part of Chicago Calling.
- July 30, 2010: Printer’s Ball.
- April 30, 2010: “Bound Books.” Group Reading.
- February 12, 2010: “The New Tentacle.” Literary uses for religious text: a reading.
[Listen to the reading. Recording courtesy of Dan Godston.]
- Winter 2009: Group Reading. Ipsento Reading Series #2.
- Winter 2009: Group Reading. Requited Reading Series.
- June 2009: “Just You Shut Your Mouth.” Gorilla Tango Theatre 24-Hour Plays #2.
- December 2007: “Metamorphosis.” Group Reading. Chicago: Reconstruction Room Series.
- December 2007: “Going’ Pro: 30 poems in 30 days.” Group Reading. Chicago: Reconstruction Room Series.
- May 2005: “Graduating MFAW Reading. Group Reading. Chicago: The School of the Art Institute.
- April 2005: “Edit: Text and the Magnificent Mark.” Writers and text-based visual artists present their own original work and an edited work based on that of another artist in the group. Chicago: Roger Brown Gallery.
- Octover 2004: Individual reading. WNUR. Evanston: Northwestern University.
- September 2, 2004: ¡Vámanos! watercolor and photography exhibit. School of the Art Institute of Chicago.
Tenure Track: The Musical
As PS Latte, an adjunct English professor and romance novelist fights to win her place in academia, she is forced to question her career path, relationships, and hairdo. Will she stay true to her lofty ideals of liberal education or join ranks with her puppet peers in the pursuit of free iPads and dental insurance?
Pictures from MCL’s Premier Premieres Festival of New Musicals, June 2016 coming soon!